POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Torus Torture : Re: Torus Torture Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:28:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus Torture
From: Rune
Date: 19 Jan 2001 15:46:18
Message: <3a68a79a@news.povray.org>
"Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba" wrote:
> how normals are calculated ?
> did you considered my method sended for you to p.a-u ?

I didn't understand your symbolic code.
I think it is close to my own solution anyway. I posted that too. Did you
look at it?

I find points on the plane perpendicular to the input normal, then deform
those points, and then find the deformed normal which is the vector
perpendicular to the deformed points on the plane.
I believe you used n points in your method. I find 4 to be sufficient.

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org